Wednesday, October 15, 2003
Dismal deflection. . .
So did you all hear about this fan from Chicago who deflected a ball off Moises Alou last night? I'm really thankful that I am not him, but also pretty sure that given the same opportunity, I would have acted in a similar manner. Some say his deflection was a gut-reaction, others say it was stupidity, but I don't think the reason really matters. If he cares about the game enough to want to keep a piece of it, you know he's got his heart in the right place. But when you're at a game and you're THAT close to a ball, remember that you're also THAT close to a bunch of fans who could take you out if you do something stupid.
So did you all hear about this fan from Chicago who deflected a ball off Moises Alou last night? I'm really thankful that I am not him, but also pretty sure that given the same opportunity, I would have acted in a similar manner. Some say his deflection was a gut-reaction, others say it was stupidity, but I don't think the reason really matters. If he cares about the game enough to want to keep a piece of it, you know he's got his heart in the right place. But when you're at a game and you're THAT close to a ball, remember that you're also THAT close to a bunch of fans who could take you out if you do something stupid.
Comments:
Post a Comment
