Saturday, October 18, 2003
Homecoming, Messiah Style
It was my last homecoming weekend here at Messiah - ahhh the sentimentality. But honestly, I've never been hardcore about the whole thing anyways, so I just enjoyed time with friends that happened to coincide with a few homecoming activities. It was great to see familiar faces running around campus again - catching up with old friends on a fall afternoon is an awesome thing.
One face was missing, though - our own Jimmy Barley. His weekend plans to join us were changed after a pretty bad accident yesterday in the Cove. . .got to thank God for small miracles, like keeping your friends safe each and every minute of the day. Get well, Jimmy, we miss you.
Amy K. Hall was a definite highlight of the weekend - that girl cracks me up. She's going to be Miss Hall, teaching her own math classroom soon - in the meantime, she's keeping me company and making me laugh. Quite frankly, I'm not letting her go back to Coplay tomorrow - she's staying here, dangit!
Ok folks that's enough for one Saturday night - go to bed - you've all got church in the morning.
It was my last homecoming weekend here at Messiah - ahhh the sentimentality. But honestly, I've never been hardcore about the whole thing anyways, so I just enjoyed time with friends that happened to coincide with a few homecoming activities. It was great to see familiar faces running around campus again - catching up with old friends on a fall afternoon is an awesome thing.
One face was missing, though - our own Jimmy Barley. His weekend plans to join us were changed after a pretty bad accident yesterday in the Cove. . .got to thank God for small miracles, like keeping your friends safe each and every minute of the day. Get well, Jimmy, we miss you.
Amy K. Hall was a definite highlight of the weekend - that girl cracks me up. She's going to be Miss Hall, teaching her own math classroom soon - in the meantime, she's keeping me company and making me laugh. Quite frankly, I'm not letting her go back to Coplay tomorrow - she's staying here, dangit!
Ok folks that's enough for one Saturday night - go to bed - you've all got church in the morning.
Comments:
Post a Comment
