<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2003

The Inner Chamber. . .

Do you remember that episode of "Seinfeld" where George gets the handicapped bathroom for his office at work? For those of you too uncultured to appreciate Seinfeld or too bogged down to remember the episode, it pretty much revolves around George's love for a new bathroom at work that is all his own. . .under false pretenses of being handicapped, of course. Silly, silly, George: eventually he loses his beloved private bathroom and his time of revelry is over.

Well, I always imagined the teacher's bathroom at school to be like George's bathroom. I saw it as every teacher's little secret, a place far superior to student bathrooms, perhaps even equipped with its own little towel and perfume person like at Harrod's in London. Today, I finally entered that inner chamber of teacher privacy, after many weeks of only imagining its true wonder. . .

Yeah, it's a bathroom pretty much like any other one, except that you have to physically turn the lights on after you go in there because that way the district can save money. So much for my imagination.


The Nation Rallies

I have been told by Mrs. Vogel (whoa - I almost wrote Janet Kraft!!!) that all owners of the infamous rally monkey t-shirt have to wear them tonight because the power of the rally monkey transfers to the Nation as well. So, rallypersons, you KNOW who you are, get out those shirts for Janet Vogel and the Vikster. We'll be planted in front of our TVs, praying that God is a Red Sox fan.

Which leads me to ponder this question: what if God is a Yankees fan? That might be enough to shake my faith. . .

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?