Saturday, October 25, 2003
Live From Grantham, It's Saturday Night. . .
Well, yup, I spent the weekend here in Grantham again, and it was pretty darn good overall. Last night was Mikaela's birthday party - any party centering around Miks is always a good time. I watched "Star Wars" last night, too, and everyone knows you can't go wrong with Star Wars.
Today was a hardcore Ms. Bol day: I worked like mad on lesson plans and other classroom activities - even did a Ms. Bol supply run with Christina. Then we watched "Shakespeare in Love," one of my favorite movies for so many reasons.
With all my Ms. Bol work, I let my mind wander a lot, and I decided that I need an alter ego. High school teacher by day, super hero ridding the world of evil by night. . .if you have any good ideas, let me know.
And of course it's a good weekend because once again, fate proves that the YANKEES SUCK with a loss tonight to the Marlins. Maybe next year, Yankees - oh, wait, NO, NOT NEXT YEAR, because next year is the Year of the Sox. By the way, I found a great Sox fan blog tonight completely seridipitously - check it out. I feel a comraderie with this guy - he's a transplant, as I am right now. We're both far away from the Nation, but close to it in heart.
Quote of the night: "You see -- comedy. Love, and a bit with a dog. That's what they want."
Well, yup, I spent the weekend here in Grantham again, and it was pretty darn good overall. Last night was Mikaela's birthday party - any party centering around Miks is always a good time. I watched "Star Wars" last night, too, and everyone knows you can't go wrong with Star Wars.
Today was a hardcore Ms. Bol day: I worked like mad on lesson plans and other classroom activities - even did a Ms. Bol supply run with Christina. Then we watched "Shakespeare in Love," one of my favorite movies for so many reasons.
With all my Ms. Bol work, I let my mind wander a lot, and I decided that I need an alter ego. High school teacher by day, super hero ridding the world of evil by night. . .if you have any good ideas, let me know.
And of course it's a good weekend because once again, fate proves that the YANKEES SUCK with a loss tonight to the Marlins. Maybe next year, Yankees - oh, wait, NO, NOT NEXT YEAR, because next year is the Year of the Sox. By the way, I found a great Sox fan blog tonight completely seridipitously - check it out. I feel a comraderie with this guy - he's a transplant, as I am right now. We're both far away from the Nation, but close to it in heart.
Quote of the night: "You see -- comedy. Love, and a bit with a dog. That's what they want."
Comments:
Post a Comment
