Tuesday, October 21, 2003
Never a Dull Moment. . .
Another day at school, another plethora of amusing stories.
First of all, my faith has been restored in substitute teachers - the one in my classroom today actually had a personality! Yay for having hired help in the classroom who actually speak and interact with the students!
I assigned a cell project to my bio kids yesterday - their mission, should they choose to accept it, is to create a cell analogy and present it to the class. One of my groups is going to compare the eukaryotic cell and its organelles to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. See, Megan, science IS fun. . .and to the rest of you, roll your eyes all you want, I STILL love Harry Potter.
So I left school today happy. . .until I got to my car. They ticketed me for being in the teacher's lot "without a permit." Hmmm. . .I guess that little orange sticker on my rearview that bears the school name and my permit number is superfluous. Definitely ran to the office and had that one fixed pretty quickly - don't mess with Ms. Bol and her sweet Lumina.
My mom is too cute
I got a Halloween card from my parents today - written in Mom's bubble handwriting. Thanks Mom and Dad - it's nice to know I'm not too old for Halloween goodies.
Another day at school, another plethora of amusing stories.
First of all, my faith has been restored in substitute teachers - the one in my classroom today actually had a personality! Yay for having hired help in the classroom who actually speak and interact with the students!
I assigned a cell project to my bio kids yesterday - their mission, should they choose to accept it, is to create a cell analogy and present it to the class. One of my groups is going to compare the eukaryotic cell and its organelles to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. See, Megan, science IS fun. . .and to the rest of you, roll your eyes all you want, I STILL love Harry Potter.
So I left school today happy. . .until I got to my car. They ticketed me for being in the teacher's lot "without a permit." Hmmm. . .I guess that little orange sticker on my rearview that bears the school name and my permit number is superfluous. Definitely ran to the office and had that one fixed pretty quickly - don't mess with Ms. Bol and her sweet Lumina.
My mom is too cute
I got a Halloween card from my parents today - written in Mom's bubble handwriting. Thanks Mom and Dad - it's nice to know I'm not too old for Halloween goodies.
Comments:
Post a Comment
