Tuesday, October 14, 2003
Rainy days and Tuesdays. . .
I drove to work in the dark this morning for the first time. There is something very peaceful about getting up, walking to the pit, and heading on the road before the sun comes up. My favorite moment of the morning though was seeing the deep reds and purples of the sunrise coming up in my rearview. Gotta love the Creation.
I have decided that my third period biology class has a lot of energy and the potential to stage an nonhostile classroom takeover if I give them too much space. They were nuts today, partially because they were coming off a three-day weekend and partially because I let them talk a lot. They are definitely the one hour out of my day when I feel like my world is quickly flying out of my control, and I think it's an important part of my learning experience. My new project with them is to somehow get their energy flowing in a positive direction. . .stay tuned to see how it goes.
Yankees STILL suck
Much to my chagrin, my boys from Boston lost tonight. I only got to watch part of the game before work, and it made me a little sad to think it might be the last home game until April. . .but might is the keyword here - still gotta believe.
I drove to work in the dark this morning for the first time. There is something very peaceful about getting up, walking to the pit, and heading on the road before the sun comes up. My favorite moment of the morning though was seeing the deep reds and purples of the sunrise coming up in my rearview. Gotta love the Creation.
I have decided that my third period biology class has a lot of energy and the potential to stage an nonhostile classroom takeover if I give them too much space. They were nuts today, partially because they were coming off a three-day weekend and partially because I let them talk a lot. They are definitely the one hour out of my day when I feel like my world is quickly flying out of my control, and I think it's an important part of my learning experience. My new project with them is to somehow get their energy flowing in a positive direction. . .stay tuned to see how it goes.
Yankees STILL suck
Much to my chagrin, my boys from Boston lost tonight. I only got to watch part of the game before work, and it made me a little sad to think it might be the last home game until April. . .but might is the keyword here - still gotta believe.
Comments:
Post a Comment
