Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Road Blocks. . .
. . .in the figurative sense today. My third period class was very quiet, which is completely unusual for them, so it made for a somewhat strained class. I tried to do an activity with them, and they were just not into it. I've never seen them so tired - I'll put the blame on some evil teacher who gave them a test this morning or something. But here's hoping tomorrow is a happier day for my kids.
And yet another roadblock, this one mental: I have no idea how to teach my kids photosynthesis and the Kreb's Cycle. That's tough stuff, even for college kids - how on earth am I going to break it down? Fortunately, I still have a few days, but the search for illumination continues. . .
Stupid Vikki
I am convinced that I am one of the most accident-prone people on the planet. Last week, I broke a glass and THOUGHT I cleaned it all up - well I thought wrong. Tonight, as I was making a delicious chicken Caesar salad for the beloved roomies, I stepped on a piece of glass and it got lodged in my heel. Glass in one's heel hurts like crazy, but thankfully Nurse Bergey was there to get it out. Too bad I then proceeded to break a bowl. Oh well.
VB Phone Home. . .
Well on a happier note, I got to talk to Aunt Mel on the phone tonight for about an hour. Everyone needs to meet her because she is excellent - she's coming to visit in two weeks - yay!!!
And speaking of visiting, I'm heading back to Jimmy Barley's house this weekend - can't wait! Good times await us in the Cove. . .
. . .in the figurative sense today. My third period class was very quiet, which is completely unusual for them, so it made for a somewhat strained class. I tried to do an activity with them, and they were just not into it. I've never seen them so tired - I'll put the blame on some evil teacher who gave them a test this morning or something. But here's hoping tomorrow is a happier day for my kids.
And yet another roadblock, this one mental: I have no idea how to teach my kids photosynthesis and the Kreb's Cycle. That's tough stuff, even for college kids - how on earth am I going to break it down? Fortunately, I still have a few days, but the search for illumination continues. . .
Stupid Vikki
I am convinced that I am one of the most accident-prone people on the planet. Last week, I broke a glass and THOUGHT I cleaned it all up - well I thought wrong. Tonight, as I was making a delicious chicken Caesar salad for the beloved roomies, I stepped on a piece of glass and it got lodged in my heel. Glass in one's heel hurts like crazy, but thankfully Nurse Bergey was there to get it out. Too bad I then proceeded to break a bowl. Oh well.
VB Phone Home. . .
Well on a happier note, I got to talk to Aunt Mel on the phone tonight for about an hour. Everyone needs to meet her because she is excellent - she's coming to visit in two weeks - yay!!!
And speaking of visiting, I'm heading back to Jimmy Barley's house this weekend - can't wait! Good times await us in the Cove. . .
Comments:
Post a Comment
