<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 10, 2003

Engagement News. . .

No, not me silly - let's not go there yet, PLEASE!!! Congratulations to one of my oldest and dearest friends, Andrea VanderSchaaf, who got engaged this past Saturday - looks like the townies will have to invade California this summer!

Inservice Bits

We had another inservice at the high school today - this one was exceptionally boring. I didn't go to Hooters for lunch this time around, I went to Eat N' Park instead. The name Eat N' Park is rather odd if you ask me - and the place itself is a glorified diner. Good food though at a good price - I got a BLT for lunch and was quite happy with it.

It amazes me how perfectly childish teachers can be. One of our speakers today was TERRIBLE, and the older gentleman (I use that term very loosely because he had no hint of social graces) seated behind me decided it was his duty to cough loudly, burp, shuffle papers, and kick my seat to show his disdain for this "waste of an afternoon." Come on now, Mr. My Mother Failed to Teach Me One Ounce of Manners, you are a professional, and a teacher no less. I bet if students were doing during your class what you did today, you would open up a can of kickbutt and lay in on them hard. I heard from another teacher that this guy is close to retirement - here's hoping. . .

Oh and another thing I learned today at inservice: beware when you have to lecture a group of teachers. If you aren't skilled in engaging a large audience for long periods of time, the teachers will talk about you when you're not looking. We are not a kind bunch when it's our turn to sit in the desks and listen.

But on a much nicer note, I got so much work done tonight that I should win a trophy. Unfortunately, all that work needed to get done for tomorrow so I couldn't take Grandma out for dessert and shopping as planned. I talked to her for a while on the phone, though - she was very understanding but I think a little disappointed. I was disappointed too, it's always a lot of fun to spend Monday nights with her. But she and Grandpa will be back in January - that gives PA about 8 weeks to prepare for another Nydam invasion.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?