<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Ms. Bol's First Legitimate Panic Attack

Today was the big day: I picked up the last two classes on Mrs. C's schedule. Both classes are upper-level bios, Anatomy and Molecular. It was my big day to wow the seniors and juniors - and I didn't wow them as well as I hoped.

Molecular is doing a significant research project for me involving various sources, including many from the internet. Last week, I went to the library and reserved the mobile laptops for today. . .or so I thought. Flash forward to fourth period, and no laptops are coming to the classroom. I waited for about ten minutes, then called down only to find that I had signed them out for fifth period, not fourth. Naturally, I was very upset with myself, and I think the kids felt kind of bad for me. But Mrs. C, in her typical flexible manner, told me not to worry and to try to find things for the kids to do for the next 50 minutes. I got some of them to do research on the room computers, and the others helped me tweak my photosynthesis lesson for the sophomores as part of their review for the upcoming final.

Thank God for flexibility.

Carol is not on my list of favorites right now. . .but Mike is climbing the charts

Ohhhhhhhh Carol, what in the heck is she doing? I really wish I could sit down with her and have a little teacher-to-teacher chat. When Warren P. Cheswick says "stay," you STAY dangit. This running to New York bit is not smart. I hope she thanks her lucky stars each night that she has a quality guy like Edward J. Stevens waiting for her back in Ohio.

And then there is Mike: I LOVE Mike. He has been cracking me up so much lately. Tonight, for instance, he tried to find a replacement best friend, and it was CLASSIC. Nothing beats a grown man acting like a fifteen year old, sticking his head in punch bowls and creating "ironical" collages for his best buddy.

Oh, and I have a few words for Molly as well: it is not cool to break Biff's heart. Not cool at all. Maybe she and Carol should go off to stupidland together and think about their poor life choices for a while.

I've been replaced.

If you know me well, you know that I have a semi-addiction to checking away messages when I'm avoiding work. Well tonight I checked Megan's, and it said that she was going to dinner with her "sisters and Mom." Wait a second. . .I thought there were just two Bol daughters, and last time I checked I was one of them. And Megan isn't in a sorority: have I been replaced??? For shame Megan, for shame. . .I may be in PA, but I will always be your only sister.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?