<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

Operation Take-Back-Period-Three

For everyone who knows me well, you would have been very proud of my in room 125 today. For a few moments, I turned on "angry Ms. Bol" and she got the job done. For the rest of the class period, the kids were apologetic and extremely attentive. Hopefully tomorrow will be just the same.

I'm definitely developing a thicker skin in the classroom. I still love my kids, but I'm not taking things personally (another one of my bad habits) when they get mad or disrespectful. I am not the only factor in their day, and I am not the end-all to their happiness. If things are rough for a while, so be it. The beauty of teaching is that each day is new. Another beauty of teaching high school is that kids are more forgiving than you'd think.

Happy Thoughts from Home

I went to my mailbox rather serendipitously today and found a letter from Laura, my neighbor. She sent me her senior picture, and it's beautiful. Now Laura is on my wall o' friends, right behind my computer where I can see her and smile every day. Love you, Lau!

Megan the Brave

I love the fact that my sister is grossed out by my major, yet hers requires her to draw naked people for class. Naked, potentially nasty people. Megan, you are one tough little freshman - good luck and don't eat before hitting the studio.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?