Monday, December 01, 2003
Turkey no mas.
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I'm back at school getting ready for another week of teaching. I can't believe it's less than three weeks until Christmas break. . .crazy!
So if you're wondering about my first Thanksgiving away from home, it was great. I had such a blast at Tim's house. If you want the funniest stories, you're going to have to ask me in person because they're just too long to stick in a blog. Here's the highlights:
-G. Scott put an urn outside my door one morning. Special.
-Tim's cats HATE me - they run the other way when I go with him to feed them. What's up with that?
-My team beat Tim's team at cranium not once, but TWICE. He was not a happy boy.
-There's an entire block in Baltimore that decorates in the most gaudy fashion you've ever seen for Christmas. We went light-looking and checked it out. My dad would love it - one house even had a hubcap Christmas tree.
-I now know how to bake an eggnog pie. I now also know not to add as much rum as the directions call for.
-MarioKart DoubleDash is one of the most addictive games ever.
-I got to decorate a Christmas tree from start to finish for the first time since I was a freshman in college. I forgot how much fun it is.
-I visited an actual Krispy Kreme store for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, it was not "Hot Now" time, but I made the best of it and ate a donut anyways.
-Chevy Trailblazers have two cupholders in the front seat. One of these cupholders may have a small hole in it, just big enough for a house key to fit through. Don't sit a house key in the cupholder, because you might lose the key. Just a suggestion.
Well there's my weekend in a nutshell. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, too.
Back to the daily grind.
This week is crazy, and I don't mean a good crazy. I have so much stuff to do. I realized this weekend that I only have eleven days left to teach, and I'm going to have to make every second count until then. Time is going to fly, here's hoping the work flies right along with it. . .
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I'm back at school getting ready for another week of teaching. I can't believe it's less than three weeks until Christmas break. . .crazy!
So if you're wondering about my first Thanksgiving away from home, it was great. I had such a blast at Tim's house. If you want the funniest stories, you're going to have to ask me in person because they're just too long to stick in a blog. Here's the highlights:
-G. Scott put an urn outside my door one morning. Special.
-Tim's cats HATE me - they run the other way when I go with him to feed them. What's up with that?
-My team beat Tim's team at cranium not once, but TWICE. He was not a happy boy.
-There's an entire block in Baltimore that decorates in the most gaudy fashion you've ever seen for Christmas. We went light-looking and checked it out. My dad would love it - one house even had a hubcap Christmas tree.
-I now know how to bake an eggnog pie. I now also know not to add as much rum as the directions call for.
-MarioKart DoubleDash is one of the most addictive games ever.
-I got to decorate a Christmas tree from start to finish for the first time since I was a freshman in college. I forgot how much fun it is.
-I visited an actual Krispy Kreme store for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, it was not "Hot Now" time, but I made the best of it and ate a donut anyways.
-Chevy Trailblazers have two cupholders in the front seat. One of these cupholders may have a small hole in it, just big enough for a house key to fit through. Don't sit a house key in the cupholder, because you might lose the key. Just a suggestion.
Well there's my weekend in a nutshell. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, too.
Back to the daily grind.
This week is crazy, and I don't mean a good crazy. I have so much stuff to do. I realized this weekend that I only have eleven days left to teach, and I'm going to have to make every second count until then. Time is going to fly, here's hoping the work flies right along with it. . .
Comments:
Post a Comment
